Happy Girl!!

Good evening, or morning I guess, my friends! My scale is still my friend. I'm ounces away from the 10 pound mark and quickly nearing my 3 week point on Plexus Slim. I can't believe the difference in myself in the past three weeks! I'm a happy girl!!!

It's really not just the weight loss, although I'm always happy when the scale is going down. It's that I'm doing things to improve ME. Moving into my parents' house has helped me work on things I disliked about myself. I was often disorganized, not the tidiest house keeper, and those two things played into my moods. When I was in a bad mood, I reached for comfort foods. I feed my feelings HORRIBLY!!! But, being here has made me want to be more organized. I have a need for it now. Just just so I can find stuff... I just feel the need to have things organized. I want to keep mine and the girls stuff where we can all find it, I don't want my parents worrying about toys laying about, and I want our mornings and evenings to go smoothly to create less arguments between the girls and I.

I'm happy to say that I'm accomplishing those things. Every night both girls, even my 19 month old, help me pick up everything after dinner, before they head to bed. We pick out outfits the night before so everyone isn't feeling rushed or pushed in the mornings. My mom and I sit down every Sunday night and make a meal plan for the week and then split up the grocery list and cooking assignments. I've even got my 4 year old earning her keep! She gets a quarter everytime she helps set the table. I love to see her excited to help out in a way that she can and earn money so that when she begs for something at the store I can tell her to save her money to buy it. I went through two of the four cabinets in the house and basically emptied them of so many outdated items to organize and make room for all of our supplies for meals. And I cleaned out the fridge and freezer for the same reasons.

Pinterest is my best friend! I have found so many organization ideas on there and have even gotten my parents on board for many of them. We have sent bags and bags of old clothes to Goodwill this past week. This is all stuff that so badly needed to be done, but just kept getting put aside for other things. We are working on making a new entry way that's kid friendly. Making room for project areas since my mom enjoys scrapbooking and jewelry making and Em is a huge fan of both.

It's just nice to know that I only have a little bit of work to do each night to keep things in order instead of dreading the weekend because I know I have a laundry list of things to do. And setting good examples for my girls is just a big bonus!

Anyway... I just had to share. It was a good weekend, that ended with a good night. Tomorrow is Monday and we're all set to begin our week. Starting with our menu which I'll share if anyone's in search of dinner ideas. :)

Sunday: Ritz Coated Baked Chicken Breasts & Cheese Raviolis with Salad
Monday: BBQ Burgers & Baked Fries with Green Beans
Tuesday: Burritos & Salad
Wednesday: Everyone's on their own since it's nastics night
Thursday: Chicken Dumpling Soup
Friday: Steak, Baked Potatoes & Salad

You can see that none of these are lacking of any one major food group. I just work on eating portion controlled sizes, which my pink drink helps me to accomplish easily. And we try to cook with low sodium because my mom is on a salt restricted diet. So, very little salt is added to any meal and we use low fat or low cal items in our ingredients. My dad is losing weight by default! LOL And none of the meals have been completely snubbed these past two weeks by my oldest, pickest daughter. The youngest was chowing down on tomatoes with sweet balsamic dressing tonight. Odd little duck!!!

Anyway... another big thing for me is cutting back to one soda a day and drinking at least 100oz of water a day. Not the easiest task, but I'm at the point where I crave water all day long. I drink a glass of milk with dinner and will have some on my cereal in the morning if that's what I have, but dairy is not a major addition to any meal.

All-in-all, it's food I will eat all my life, but I'm able to keep it under control and don't snack hardly at all between meals unless it's a piece of fruit. :) Something I can keep doing the rest of my life!

Comments

Popular Posts